#2512 closed defect (fixed)

RTEMSReferences automatically deleting content

Reported by: Tan Gemicioglu Owned by:
Priority: normal Milestone: 4.11.1
Component: doc Version: 4.10
Severity: normal Keywords:
Cc: Nick Withers, Gedare Bloom Blocked By:
Blocking:

Description

I've looked through the diff's for changes made to https://devel.rtems.org/wiki/TBR/Website/RTEMSReferences and the page is repeatedly deleting content from the bottom of the page as more references are added. This is most likely due to the page reaching maximum page size as different versions had around the same character count (64800~) as plain text. According to http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracIni this size can be configured from the trac.ini file, with the [wiki] max_size variable. Another alternative is to create a seperate page for each year so that it doesn't exceed the size limit.

Change History (10)

comment:1 Changed on Jan 6, 2016 at 2:16:32 AM by Joel Sherrill

Can you do a diff in the revision history and be ready to cut and paste the lost information back in in a few minutes? I am going to start splitting it into multiple pages and once I get done, I will post a follow up and you can post the missing data back in.

Hold on.

comment:3 Changed on Jan 6, 2016 at 4:44:25 AM by Joel Sherrill

I have split the page into one per year but it will take a manual review of the changes in revisions 95 to 161 to ensure the new content is correct.

I think I have recovered all the older references. Based on the revision history, I think mostly 2007-2010 are in need of review for the changes between revision 95 and 161.

https://devel.rtems.org/wiki/References?action=history

My procedure was:

+ Take the current page and cut the most recent years into separate pages

  • This let 2011-now be the latest
  • 2010 was truncated and ended at the truncated "ZHANG, Ji-sheng, Xiang-lan CHEN, and Xue-hai ZHOU. "Design and Implementation of Firewire Protocol Stack on RTEMS [J]." Computer Engineering 8 (2010): 094." Everything past there in 2010 was cut and pasted from a previous revision (like 96).

+ I found the newest revision where a full year was present and then used that to create the pages from 1989-2006. I think these are OK since based on the revision history, it looks like changes were added to newer years and these just disappeared.

That left me around revision 96 but pretty sure that 2007-2010 are damaged.

comment:4 Changed on Jan 6, 2016 at 4:46:24 AM by Joel Sherrill

tangem .. please add your references as appropriate now. It should be OK.

Also I added https://codein.withgoogle.com/dashboard/tasks/5742752411156480/ and published it which is the task to recover any lost edits. I hope someone takes up the challenge of ensuring we didn't lose any data.

Leaving this ticket open until the GCI task recovery task is complete.

comment:5 Changed on Jan 6, 2016 at 4:47:10 AM by Joel Sherrill

Cc: Nick Withers Gedare Bloom added

comment:6 Changed on Jan 6, 2016 at 7:33:31 AM by Tan Gemicioglu

The problem is currently between versions 151 and 83 (Content starts being deleted at version 84). However, since it's the last example containing 2007, I agree that 96 is a better starting point for starting recovery.

My references as well as the most recent ones were added but the same can't be said for situations like version 137 where the content was deleted immediately when it was added because the added content was for 2007 while the rest of 2007 had already been removed. I don't know how it was handled during GCI 2013 but there probably is no way to recover those.

comment:7 Changed on Jan 6, 2016 at 12:51:24 PM by Joel Sherrill

If the content added can be gleaned from the revision history, then it can be recovered. Otherwise it is lost.

The GCI tasks in previous years were generated the same way and the search results at that time are just unknown.

comment:8 Changed on Jan 6, 2016 at 1:22:08 PM by Joel Sherrill

Feel free to claim the recovery GCI task I posted.

comment:9 Changed on Jan 8, 2016 at 12:59:18 AM by Tan Gemicioglu

Resolution: fixed
Status: newclosed

I've claimed the GCI task and finished copying the references from the old wiki. All of them should be recovered now, but I think the warning on the References page should remain for a while for people wondering what happened. They might also find a link that I forgot to copy or that was not in the latest version of the old wiki page.

comment:10 Changed on Oct 10, 2017 at 6:06:29 AM by Sebastian Huber

Component: Documentationdoc
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.