Changes between Version 165 and Version 166 of GSoC/2015


Ignore:
Timestamp:
Jun 27, 2015, 4:18:42 PM (4 years ago)
Author:
Sujay Raj
Comment:

--

Legend:

Unmodified
Added
Removed
Modified
  • GSoC/2015

    v165 v166  
    166166* May 26: networked applications running (using the old stack) on my pc. Last week was spent on reading Monkey current development version's code. Initially it was planned to implement a select (2) version of the polling system. But it was concluded that select on rtems is slow and limited and hence we have to proceed with the new stack. Compiled rtems-libbsd with waf and I am in process of getting things working with it. In the next few days, I will get new stack completely covered, and focus on kqueue.
    167167
    168 * June 2: Past Week: Most of my time was spent on getting the new stack running. It installs and programs compile using it,  but it is not running properly with network demos . I spent around four days working on it with no avail, presently kiwichris is working with me for getting it to work, and hopefully it will be resolved in a day or two. I started with monkey, compiling it with freebsd There weren't major issues and because of the patch kiwichris posted some time ago, things are comparatively smooth.  Next Week: Working on rtems-libbsd will be on the sidelines as chris helps me set it up. I will be working solely on monkey. ( I am going to ask edsiper after the meeting about where to head next ).     
     168* June 2: Past Week: Most of my time was spent on getting the new stack running. It installs and programs compile using it,  but it is not running properly with network demos . I spent around four days working on it with no avail, presently kiwichris is working with me for getting it to work, and hopefully it will be resolved in a day or two. I started with monkey, compiling it with freebsd There weren't major issues and because of the patch kiwichris posted some time ago, things are comparatively smooth.  Next Week: Working on rtems-libbsd will be on the sidelines as chris helps me set it up. I will be working solely on monkey. ( I am going to ask edsiper after the meeting about where to head next ).
     169
     170* June 9: Monkey Successfully running on FreeBSD. Some Kqueue tests not running for libbsd.
     171
     172* June 16: Continuing from last week, I figured the problem was in the kqueue test not kqueue itself. I wrote some sample kqueue tests and it worked in the demo, the demo still failing overall. I did some primary stress testing on monkey on linux using both epoll and kqueue and there were times when it failed, I reported some bugs to edsiper and he got them fixed asap ( development at monkey happens too fast ) The work on getting monkey building is nearly done. At the moment for me, it compiles completely but linking it with libc gets an error multiple definition of getreent but that will hopefully be figured out soon. Presently Monkey compiles successfully as a static library. I am looking at how this can be used. Networking with rtems-libbsd is still non-functional, and kiwichris is working on it. Seeing ragunath 's work with libbsd, I am thinking I should catch up with him and try to figure out how he got it working.
     173
     174* June 23: getreent issue resolved. No more need for libc to be added.Monkey successfully building for rtems. Emailed patches for review to chris. Had to discuss porting sendfile to libbsd. Next work to focus on testing monkey on qemu. Have to read about IMFS.   
     175     
    169176
    170177== Ketul Shah ==