Changes between Version 5 and Version 6 of GCI/Coding/HelloWorld


Ignore:
Timestamp:
Dec 12, 2015, 7:17:53 PM (4 years ago)
Author:
Tan Gemicioglu
Comment:

--

Legend:

Unmodified
Added
Removed
Modified
  • GCI/Coding/HelloWorld

    v5 v6  
    2929|| Kkvazar Q. || Fedora 20 || sparc-rtems4.11 || I wasn't able to finish the task, because I got lost in the documentation, the pages weren't well related and were contradicting. Some useful pages weren't easy to find such as the git README. I expected sb-check to tell me about missing devel libs, but it didn't. 'bootstrap' was hard to find and it failed on missing files. Most of the questions I had were asked online, but weren't answered.
    3030|| Ralph H. || Linux Mint 17.1 || sparc-rtems4.11 || Instructions were very clear and simple to follow, albeit spread over several pages. Compiling RBS was simple, with the error messages clear (I only had to install CSV). Finding information was easy, and compilation was successful first time (with slight modifications to certain paths to match my projects directory path). I should probably note that I likely had most of the dependencies for compiling RBS, etc. already as I had previously manually built a cross-targeted GCC (and so I was already aware of such things as adding targeting executables to the path, as well as using git relatively proficiently, thus I did not need to locate information on such topics). The source tree of RTEMS is simple to navigate, and there were no issues with rebuilding and debugging/running a modified executable.
     31|| Tan G. || Ubuntu 15.10 || sparc-rtems4.11 || I had a fairly difficult time doing the task both because of some errors in the instructions and some of my own. However, most of these could be solved by looking at the logs and searching around a bit. Two problems I had in particular were that build-rep chose python2.7 instead of python2.7-dev and I had to install it directly and the package for git-send-email was named git-email unlike what the instructions said. The first one was especially problematic because I didn't understand the problem until I looked at the error log instead of the incomprehensibly long build log.