Notice: We have migrated to GitLab launching 2024-05-01 see here: https://gitlab.rtems.org/

#484 closed defect (fixed)

RTEMS 4.6.0pre3 "IDLE" Task name error

Reported by: derick Owned by: Joel Sherrill
Priority: lowest Milestone: 2
Component: score Version: 4.6
Severity: normal Keywords:
Cc: bugs@… Blocked By:
Blocking:

Description

I recently added a User Extension to my application to Display the task's name, id, priority, stack size, and stack start address for debugging purposes.

I discovered that the IDLE task came back with garbage characters, but my initial task was reported fine.

On further investigation I discovered the following mismatch:

In file: ./rtems-4.6.0pre3/cpukit/score/src/threadcreateidle.c

The global variable char * _Thread_Idle_name = "IDLE" is passed into the _Thread_Initialize procedure which is expecting a type of Object_Name, which is a typedef void *, which is why a type mismatch is not reported.

However, since rtems_name is a typedef unsigned32 this creates problems when converting a Object name to a string of characters.

Release:
RTEMS-4.6.0pre3

Environment:
RedHat? Linux 7.3 Kernel 2.4.20-20.7 on i686
m68k-rtems-c++-gcc3.2.2newlib1.11.0-2
m68k-rtems-binutils-2.13.2.1-2
m68k-bdm-rtems-gdb-5.2-P2
autoconf-rtems-2.57-1
rtems-base-gcc-gcc3.2.2newlib1.11.0-2
automake-rtems-1.7.2-1
m68k-rtems-gcc-gcc3.2.2newlib1.11.0-2
rtems-base-gdb-5.2-P2
rtems-base-binutils-2.13.2.1-2

Attachments (1)

patch.threadcreateidle.c (577 bytes) - added by derick on 12/03/06 at 13:31:13.
patch.threadcreateidle.c

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (2)

comment:1 Changed on 09/08/03 at 20:07:33 by Joel Sherrill

Status: assignedclosed

State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
State-Changed-Why: Patch applied to both 4.6 branch and trunk.

Changed on 12/03/06 at 13:31:13 by derick

Attachment: patch.threadcreateidle.c added

patch.threadcreateidle.c

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.