If you are new to RTEMS and the community, welcome. To use RTEMS you need to build a cross-compiler tool set and RTEMS. The Tutorials section below and the Quick Start Guide are a great place to start with. We have examples that guide you through some simple example programs like Hello World. The various simulators such as GDB SPARC are easy to use and lets you see RTEMS running right on your host computer. Enjoy your time with RTEMS and please drop by the User Mailing List or IRC channel #rtems on Freenode.
- Getting started guide oriented toward GSoC students but useful for anyone.
- Quick Start for new users and developers.
- Using the Eclipse IDE with RTEMS.
- Using Ada with RTEMS.
GSoC, GCI and SOCIS
RTEMS General Information
- Processor architectures (CPUs) and embedded system boards (BSPs) supported by RTEMS
- Git RTEMS.
- RTEMS Project's Historical Timeline, Mission Statement, Code of Conduct, License.
- RTEMS Project's Release information, Documentation and FAQ.
- RTEMS community: Mailing Lists and Internet Relay Chat (IRC).
- Published references to RTEMS.
- Tools Used by the RTEMS Project.
Application Development with RTEMS
- Quick Start and Training Opportunities.
- Using Virtual Machines for RTEMS development.
- Running RTEMS in a simulator.
- Tracing an RTEMS Application.
- Report a bug.
- Hints for Debugging.
- Supported filesystems, graphics libraries, and network stack features.
- Using the Mongoose Web Server with RTEMS.
- Some of the free and commercial software that works with RTEMS.
RTEMS Developer Information
- Contributing: How and Why.
- Git Repository access.
- Coding Conventions: Style and other rules for RTEMS code.
- Documentation: Writing and building documentation.
- Current RTEMS Ideas, Open Projects, and Small Projects to get started.
- Submitting a board support package (BSP) for a new board.
- Test Suites and Coverage Analysis.
- Remote Access Lab.
- Release - Information on the next RTEMS releases.
- waf - waf build system.
- Removing a BSP that is no longer of interest.
- Removing an Architectural Port that is no longer of interest.
Release Series Notes
- 4.11 Release Notes -- Git will become 4.11
- 4.10 Release Notes
- 4.9 Release Notes
- 4.8 Release Notes
- 4.7 Release Notes
- 4.6 Release Notes
To be Removed
- TBR - Pages that will be removed from this wiki.
The migration is an ongoing process. For updates/status please see our Migration page.